To download the Proxy, please click here for the English copy, and here for the Arabic copy.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Al Salam Bank-Bahrain (BSC) cordially invites the shareholders to attend the Annual Ordinary General Meeting to be held on Tuesday 20 March 2012, at 10:00 am at Al-Ghazal Ballroom, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Kingdom of Bahrain to discuss the agenda below. If the required quorum is not available, a second meeting will be announced at a later date.
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM meeting held on 22 February 2011.
- To discuss and approve the Board of directors’ report on the Group’s activities for the year ended 31 December 2011.
- To receive the Shari’a Supervisory Board report for the year ended 31 December 2011.
- To receive the external auditor’s report for the year ended 31 December 2011.
- To review and approve the financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2011.
- To appropriate the net profit for the year upon the recommendations of the Board of directors as follows:
- Transfer of BD 31,000 to statutory reserves.
- Allocation of BD100,000 for charities and donations.
- Adoption of the report on Corporate Governance of the Bank.
- To absolve the members of the Board from liability for their actions during the year ended 31 December 2011.
- To appoint or re-appoint members of the Shari’a Supervisory Board for the next three years.
- Re-appoint Ernst & Young as external auditors for the year ending 31 December 2012 and authorize the Board of Directors to determine their remuneration.
- Elect the members of the Board of Directors for the next term of three years.
Mohamed Ali Rashid Alabbar Chairman
Important note to the shareholders:
- You can download the Consolidated Financial Statements for the year ending 31 December 2011 here for the English version and here for the Arabic version, and a copy of the Proxy letter here for the English copy, and here for the Arabic copy.
- Shareholders whose names are registered in the share register of the Bank on the date of the Meeting are entitled to attend in person, or appoint a Proxy to attend, the meeting and vote on behalf of such shareholder provided (a) such Proxy is not a director or employee of the Bank (unless the Proxy is a first degree relative of that shareholder) and (b) such Proxy, if representing more than one shareholder, does not hold proxies totaling in excess of 5% of the issued share capital of the Bank. The appointed Proxy need not be a shareholder of the Bank and should be appointed in writing. The written appointment must be submitted prior to the Submission Deadline.
- In the case of an institutional shareholder, the representative attending the meeting must submit a letter of appointment of representative duly appointing the relevant person as the respective shareholders representative. The appointment must be in writing, issued by an authorized person of the institution, sealed under the company’s stamp and provided prior to the Submission Deadline.
- For submission of Proxy or representative authorization documents (“Appointment Documents”), the “Submission Deadline” shall mean receipt of the relevant documents by Al Salam Bank-Bahrain, P.O. Box 18282, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, no later than 24 hours before meeting date. Appointment Documents may be provided by hand delivery, post, or facsimile transmission (fax no.: 00973-17560223) or by E-mail: email@example.com provided same are received prior to the Submission Deadline. Appointment Documents received after the Submission Deadline shall be invalid for the purposes of the meeting.
- Shareholders who wish to nominate themselves or their representatives for the Board of Directors’ membership which consists of 11 seats, should fill the CBB-approved “Form 3” which can be downloaded from the Bank’s website, www.alsalambahrain.com, then send it with the required documents to the Board Secretary by hand or through a renowned international courier service to the Bank’s address: MS Center, Building 22, Avenue 58, Seef District 436, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain. All documentation should reach us no later than 10 March 2012. For any inquiry please contact the Board Secretary office at: +973 17560097/ +973 17560000.